The Returning Officer (RO) of the panchayat election will be responsible if panchayat election ballots are found scattered on the day of the election. The RO is the highest-ranking election official in the panchayat area and is responsible for overseeing the conduct of the election. If ballots are found scattered, the RO will need to…
Whether or not emergency should be declared in West Bengal on the backdrop of the violence during the panchayat election is a complex question. There are a number of factors to consider, including the severity of the violence, the impact on the election process, and the potential consequences of declaring a state of emergency. The…
There has been widespread violence in West Bengal in the run-up to the panchayat elections, which were held on July 8, 2023. At least 18 people have been killed and dozens more injured in clashes between supporters of rival political parties. The violence has been particularly concentrated in the districts of Murshidabad, Nadia, and North…
- Removal of State Election Commissioner: Judicial Authority
- The Price of Power: Violence in West Bengal’s Panchayat Elections
- The Ongoing Violence in Manipur: A History of Conflict and a Way Forward
- Should West Bengal declare a state of emergency amid panchayat election violence?
- Coromandel Express: A Devastating Tragedy
There’s no content to show here yet.